Track and Field
Every member is given the opportunity to be trained in the basics of sprinting and running drills in College as well as at the Bedok Reservoir.
All members are encouraged to represent the College in at least one event in the National Inter-School Cross Country Championships and the National Inter-School Track and Field Championships. The Team members bonded well through the rigorous training and various activities. Our Team believes that every student can be fit and healthy. It also stresses the importance of commitment, perseverance, self-discipline and teamwork in addition to our College values of Responsibility, Integrity, Courage and Humility.
|Captain||Sebastian Ang Jie (16S06)|
|Vice-Captain||Wong Wing Him Isaac (16S02)|
|Secretary||Elizabeth Tang Li Lin (16A02)|
Ms Lam Hwee Peng Jennifer
Ms Lee Ying Qi
Mrs Yap-Ong Siew Siang
The Executive Committee (EXCO) members organised bonding sessions and an annual Track and Field Camp to promote greater teamwork among the members as well as a Farewell BBQ for JC2s. Furthermore, non-Exco members were given the opportunity to develop their character and leadership skills when they were appointed to be the Overall Coordinator of the Values in Action (VIA) Project.
In 2016, the Track and Field team has actively participated in numerous competitions held during weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) leading up to the National Inter-School ‘A’ Division Championships. Our athletes also took part in the Olympic Day 3.6km Walk as part of the Olympic Day Celebration. In addition, our team participated in the Inter-School Friendly competition held in our College this year. The Team also enjoyed the Annual overnight Track and Field Camp and the first ever inspiring sharing session by Alumnus Mr Winston Goh. The team also served the community by planning the VIA Project ‘Climb for A Cause’ where the Team interacted and befriended the Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) athletes and collaborating with Keeping Hope Alive in another VIA Project ‘Track Samaritans’ to distribute food and provide door-to-door assist to needy residents living in one-roomed flats in Toa Payoh.
The competitions were as follows:
- National Inter-School ‘A’ division Track and Field Championship 2016
- National Inter-School ‘A’ division Cross Country Championship 2016
- 65th Singapore Athletics Cross Country Championship 2016
- Akira Swift Goh Teck Phuan Memorial Age Group Cross Country Championship 2016
- Akira Swift 63rd Annual Track and Field Championship 2016
- Singapore National Games 2016
- Singapore Youth and Junior Athletics Championship 2016
- SPH School Relays Championship 2016
- 2016 Singapore Athletics Track and Field Series 1
- 2016 Singapore Athletics Track and Field Series 2
Our athletes ran hard and beat their own personal best in the various races. We are pleased to announce that our athletes have done our College proud.
Congratulations to the following members:
National Inter-School Track and Field Championship 2016
- Odelia Cheong Hsien Yee (16A06) finishing at 2nd position in the 3000m Girls Race Walk Finals
- Merlin Lim En Sheng (15S08) finishing at 6th position in the 100m Boys Finals.
- Girls’ 4x100m Relay Team consisting of Hatmah Binte Mohamed Hatta (15A08), Tiffany Tan Wei Ying (16S21), Elizabeth Tang Li Lin (16A02) and Sarah Chng Jia En (16S11) made it to the 7th position in the Finals.
National Inter-School Cross Country Championship 2016
- Kimberly Ng Jia Qi (15S17) finishing at 24th position
- Odelia Cheong Hsien Yee (16A06) finishing at 49th position
- Jean Luc Hun Cheng Kang (15S11) and Thin Su Sin Sin (16S10) both finishing at 51st position
Singapore National Games 2016
- Odelia Cheong Hsien Yee (16A06) finishing at 2nd position in the 3000m Girls (U20) Race Walk Finals.
- Thin Su Sin Sin (16S10) finishing at 3rd position in the 1500m Girls (U20) Finals.
- Boys’ 4x100m Relay Team consisting of Sebastian Ang Jie (16S06), Mohamad Ilyas Bin Ismail (16S16), Yue Joe (16S06) and Tan Jek Kee (16S22) coming in 3rd position in the Finals.