Mathematical Modelling Challenge at A.B. Paterson College, Brisbane, Australia
23 December to 01 December 2013
- To generate interest, enthusiasm and ignite mathematics through a visit to the high schools/colleges overseas that uses ICT (CAS) effectively in teaching and learning.
- To deepen students’ understanding and appreciation of mathematics and its applications in everyday life.
- To understand the similarities and differences in the education system, especially Mathematics, of Singapore and Australia.
- To develop students to be culturally savvy.
- To expose students to the world and sensitise them to the place of Singapore in relation to its global context.
- To deepen students’ commitment and rootedness to Singapore.